Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• MX10178MX10178 Rep This User!
    a new claim has been added! it is claim # cla1557234253
    This comment currently has - '' Likes
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

claim has been flagged as From Everipedia: We are incorporated in the Cayman Islands.

• terrylampterrylamp Rep This User!

Alright, a new whitepaper! Appreciate the links Karl. I think we can get through this by helping each other out and hitting different aspects of this whitepaper. I made a list below of how we can do so.

Press research, see if they claim something different in the press.

Who is part of the team/company

Site registration, active or not as well as their status with the Secretary of State

Lawsuits, if there are any or not

Copyright and patents

Technology

Business methodology

This makes it easier for us to check this whitepaper compared to everyone doing their own thing. Also gives newbies like myself and others the opportunity to see and learn how the experienced bounty hunters go about their work.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• cubanoBHloungecubanoBHlounge Rep This User!

I found something https://theoutline.com/post/2369/everipedia-is-the-wikipedia-for-being-wrong. It is not claim worthy but we cam probably find a pattern of behavior to file a claim.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• seedwhitepaperowner3seedwhitepaperowner3 Rep This User!

Hi I am the mod for tonight. Please don't DM or email us with question. Just post it here for efficiency reasons.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• hughhousehughhouse Rep This User!

I tried to look up the owner of the site and nothing has come up in my search so far any idea? Also, there is no registration of Everipedia with the Secretary of State, something to look into https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/SearchResults?filing=False&SearchType=CORP&SearchCriteria=Everipedia&SearchSubType=Keyword.
    They should be registered since they state that their headquarters is here in Westwood https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everipedia.

It is strange because they have a big internet presence. Please, I would love credit for this with reputation so I can work my way to being a bounty hunter.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• NodyNody Rep This User!
    a new claim has been added! it is claim # cla1557206449
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

• HopeHKHopeHK Rep This User!

Everipedia is a great concept, but it brings one major question to mind:

Wikipedia seems to work because the people who submit and edit articles are sort of idealists. They do it because they believe in it, they enjoy it, and feel a part preserving and distributing the world's knowledge.

Everipedia's submitters and editors, on the other hand, will be incentivized by tokens that have value. Will this corrupt the quality of the information? Will the spirit of the community be positive and collaborative, or will it invite schemes and unhealthy competitive practices between users?

No one knows, but you have to commend Everipedia for a wonderfully inventive concept.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• RosiRosi Rep This User!

@HopeHK I hear ya but read the whitepaper and look at the website because they thought of all of this. What it comes down to is you can work on wikipedia for free or you can get paid sort of for doing the same thing on everipedia.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• JDav19JDav19 Rep This User!

@MX10178 the fact that they don't show an address (besides Cayman Islands) on the website is not that unusual. Lots of companies do that because otherwise people drop by constantly with different proposals etc. The Whois on the Everipedia website registration lists an address in Los Angeles. If they were hiding something they could have kept that address confidential too.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• maxamusdecamusmaxamusdecamus Rep This User!
    a new claim has been added! it is claim # cla1557330988
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

a new claim has been added! it is claim # cla1557331685
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

a new claim has been added! it is claim # cla1557332042
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

a new claim has been added! it is claim # cla1557332534
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

a new claim has been added! it is claim # cla1557334339
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

I believe that the curating of articles on Wikipedia may be more neutral because the math behind Everipedia allows the suppression of opinions that aren't mainstream. And those opinions need to be protected when people are resisting changes.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• RayenPLKRayenPLK Rep This User!

@HopeHK this is pretty significant because for example, the vast majority of people would classify the tomato as a vegetable, but it is a fruit. The majority opinion is not necessarily correct.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• THE JUDGE!!!!!!THE JUDGE!!!!!! Rep This User!
    A Judgment in Automatic Claim Number - cla1557206449 has been reached.
    It was decided to release 9% of the funds. The jury voted in their opinion to release an average of 13% of the bounty and a median of 9% of the bounty.
    Please see below for the opinion of the jury:Opinion 1 - I support the claim 100%. I reduced the bounty amount only because they discuss platform technology and we are here not able to decide about copyright infringement. Hence 30%
    Opinion 1 - i think trapping knowledge is a poor phrase for how the platform will operate as compared with wikipedia. the white paper owner should rephrase to be clearer
    Opinion 1 - This is interesting information but there is no claim against the quote. This is better served as a comment for discussion.
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

@RayenPLK Exactly, so then what happens if 90% of the consensus says that a tomato is (obviously) a vegetable? How can someone who knows the correct facts override that?

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

A Judgment in Automatic Claim Number - cla1557330988 has been reached.
    It was decided to release 5% of the funds. The jury voted in their opinion to release an average of 15% of the bounty and a median of 5% of the bounty.
    Please see below for the opinion of the jury:Opinion 1 - The claim is true. The traffic reported to be generated from the search engine is inflated. The total visit generated on the website is 1.94M and the bounce rate is 79%. It is likely that the traffic was purchased from multiple sources and locations.
    Opinion 1 - the stat is given as a total stat, not specifying organic vs paid. while organic traffic is generally better, its not necessary negative that some traffic is paid.
    Opinion 1 - According to the link provided there is a discrepancy however, your claim that they purchased views is unsupported. Maybe they do have users in India, just because the link shows users in India, it does not mean that they are "fake" or purchased viewers. I will award bounty but it could have been more if the claim had more evidence to support the purchased viewers claim.
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

• cubanoBHloungecubanoBHlounge Rep This User!

@Karl , its interesting to see the differences between Everipedia and Chainblx system.
    Everipedia is easier, but may guid wrong results as @HopeHK points out.
    Chainblx is complicated IDK if Chainblx could make it simpler as they offer accreditation and mediation. A easier system would probably bring more wp and bountyhunters to the forum.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

@cubanoBHlounge I think the chainblx system is already pretty easy to use, I would suggest maybe attaching the judgements directly to the claims though, but otherwise it was pretty easy to figure out in the beginning.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

A Judgment in Automatic Claim Number - cla1557234253 has been reached.
    It was decided to release 0% of the funds. The jury voted in their opinion to release an average of 0% of the bounty and a median of 0% of the bounty.
    Please see below for the opinion of the jury:Opinion 1 - You could make it a claim with proving that the company is not registered as business in California. But just that they don't give all addresses may just be security for them self or other reasons.
    Opinion 1 - i agree with the flag - From Everipedia:

We are incorporated in the Cayman Islands.
    Opinion 1 - i agree with the flag - From Everipedia:

We are incorporated in the Cayman Islands.
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

claim has been flagged as From Everipedia: We are incorporated in the Cayman Islands.

• dstupardstupar Rep This User!

I am here to respectfully address potential concerns for fraudulent activity or behavior that would put other people’s assets at risk. 

By reading the paper it is misleading that the currency will be stable and non inflationary, with suggestion of having appropriate burning/inflationary policies in place. Upon review of the ticker chart, the volatility is incredibly high from its conception. +90% Volatility. 
If the business has already succeeded in successfully raising in excess of $30 Million dollars, why has the platform not achieved stability? 

Furthermore, if Wikipedia is a failure and the benefit of Everipedia is the ability to capture monetary value, then why has the value of the coin declined?

What systems are in place to maintain stability and decrease volatility? 

If Everipedia can capture outside income besides that of staking, then where is the money going? I see many words about generating revenue, having an excess to which it needs to be burned. The values and the charts speak as if there is a huge money sink somewhere. 

This looks like a financial instrument that was designed to bleed losses for profit. 

This concept, and technology would be a huge success if it was treated more like a Gold Standard, than a tech startup.

With a system that is constantly generating incoming deposits, requires staking to participate, and has anti inflationary burning policies in place, then I would expect to see an extremely stable and slowly rising coin price to reflect those policies.

Looking at the historical chart, it would appear that the price chart is following the story of a volatile tech start up. Massive gains, massive losses.

“Another possibility is to auction off the IQ generated from transaction fees for
    EOS, which would then be bound by an EOS smart contract to automatically
    purchase RAM or other resources as needed to sustain operations. An auction
    would only occur if it were detected that RAM was near capacity, say 90%.”

White paper clearly states intent to manipulate volatility to generate revenue. While nothing is inherently wrong with this concept, it is counter to the stated purpose of the currency and could be considered a Pump and Dump masked behind what appears to be an encyclopedia of verified knowledge. If you cannot trust the value or liquidity of a currency, then how can you trust the content?

Considering the stability of the platform is important, It would be imperative to include the real numbers in various situations to prove that the systems work. Is the rate of burn greater than the rate of inflation? How is this measured? Who controls it? Can a Delegated Voting Group manipulate this system? Can the Founders Manipulate this system?

The 21 day vesting period seems excessive, it would be convenient for the people who have access to the allocated funds to trade them and capitalize on volatility of cryptocurrencies while the end user sits for 3 weeks waiting to edit a botany article. 

It would be a serious ethical violation to create a platform upon the facade of stability, knowledge, truth, verification, when in fact it is a huge money sink and purposely seeks volatility. 

Token Slashing, this is another volatility inducing concept. Anyone who is in control of the “governance” module could make a sweeping slash at an odd hour of the night to a few thousand accounts. This action could start a panic of sales, or a buying frenzy. These forms of price manipulation would have the potential for volatility abuse. 

Delegated Voting is another concern, it would be too easy for the market of accurate encyclopedia data to be swayed and manipulated if you had major players that could swing the votes. An expert could be correct in a situation and a mob of social justice warriors could over run them whilst knowing nothing on the topic. Especially, when winning comes with profit. 

Creating a low volume, high volatility trading environment is counteractive to the goal of the company as I read it, and it is definitely counteractive to hosting an accurate encyclopedia of information in a trustless world.

There seems to be a large conflict of interest. The people staking real world money into the system are just normal people who want to change the spelling of Color to Colour. The need to capture money from people are who just passionate about spreading knowledge. Tying their money up in accounts that they do not have access to, then intentionally manipulating the value of the currency without giving them the ability to remove their funds?

Someone who wants to correct the date on the day that grumpy cat died, may not fully understand the level of risk they are taking when they choose to participate in this website. 

It would appear that this is a binary system beyond the facade, where traders and AI abuse a volatile market, while the unsuspecting masses think they are trying to edit their favorite band’s discography list.

Sources:

https://nulltx.com/everipedia-interview-dr-larry-sanger/

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/everipedia/#charts

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

A Judgment in Automatic Claim Number - cla1557331685 has been reached.
    It was decided to release 0% of the funds. The jury voted in their opinion to release an average of 1% of the bounty and a median of 0% of the bounty.
    Please see below for the opinion of the jury:Opinion 1 - They did not say it was unique to their business model. Sorry not a valid claim for me.
    Opinion 1 - This is just describing risk inherent with a startup, not really a bounty-worthy claim.
    Opinion 1 - Although the whitepaper does not state that this model is unique, you could assume that it is so based on the quote from the whitepaper. But we can not just assume, we need to present factual evidence. Also, the bounty hunter does not have a claim. It is just a statement that could have just been entered as a comment instead of a claim. If the claim was written better I would have probably awarded more bounty.
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

A Judgment in Automatic Claim Number - cla1557332042 has been reached.
    It was decided to release 0% of the funds. The jury voted in their opinion to release an average of 1% of the bounty and a median of 0% of the bounty.
    Please see below for the opinion of the jury:Opinion 1 - The claim made is irrelevant to the theme of the statement; regardless of tokens being held or moved by trading platforms at different times, market speculations will still occur.
    Opinion 1 - Bounty hunter provides a comment, not a claim.
    Opinion 1 - the claim is true and could use clarification in the white paper. small bounty is ok here as it seems like a human error rather than misleading.
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

A Judgment in Automatic Claim Number - cla1557332534 has been reached.
    It was decided to release 0% of the funds. The jury voted in their opinion to release an average of 2% of the bounty and a median of 0% of the bounty.
    Please see below for the opinion of the jury:Opinion 1 - agreed
    Opinion 1 - Bounty hunter is correct and highlights an issue with Everipedia's process. However, the bounty hunter fails to make a claim and thus submits a statement/comment.
    Opinion 1 - this is just part of the pitch of the business, and the bounty hunter is a good response, but not a claim of error.
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

A Judgment in Automatic Claim Number - cla1557334339 has been reached.
    It was decided to release 1% of the funds. The jury voted in their opinion to release an average of 1% of the bounty and a median of 1% of the bounty.
    Please see below for the opinion of the jury:Opinion 1 - This is true "There is no full economic model provided for the system and therefore no way to verify if the system will work efficiently.", but the bounty hunter would have to show that they claim it will function and it does not.
    Opinion 1 - there really isnt enough information provided here by the bounty hunter from the white paper or the response. no bounty in this claim
    Opinion 1 - The whitepaper could use more clarification on this. I agree with the claim.
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

• karlkarl Rep This User!

Compliments to everipedia for being accredited and thanks to all members for your work.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• HARISIO185HARISIO185 Rep This User!

Hi

Find attached a copy of my claim.

Harris

PDF Revisions:

PDF:

View: PDF Viewer | Thumbnail | PDF Embed

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• CryptoHunterCryptoHunter Rep This User!

Glad to see this paper make it through and it will be interesting to see how the model works over the long term. It could be a way forward in a lot of different applications.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach a file you can also drag-and-drop into the text area below:
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file