Google powered crypto wallet 'as easy as email' (No. 156)

0  USD start bounty
USD current bounty
Accredited C
posted by seednewsowner1

Comments

News Article Summary
Google powered crypto wallet 'as easy as email'

Accreditation

Congratulations

We are proud to announce that the following document Google powered crypto wallet 'as easy as email' WP version 156 achieved the ChainBLX opinion based accreditation on 2019-02-26 03:43:28.

This accreditation testifies that it is our professional opinion as well as the opinion of our community that document Google powered crypto wallet 'as easy as email' is in compliance with the professional standard brought forward and regulated by chainblx.io.

A ChainBLX accreditation is very difficult to archive and in no way should any statistic be indicative of the quality of the document at hand. Neither should the achievement of accreditation in anyway imply that investors should not conduct their own diligence prior to any investment.

Document Google powered crypto wallet 'as easy as email' reached its accreditation with the following statistics.

Likes of forum members: 0

The discussion forum will remain open for future discussion, the remainder of the bounty will be reimbursed to the owner and no future claims can be filed.

In the name of the community and ChainBLX

We wish Google powered crypto wallet 'as easy as email' the best of success.

cubanoBHloungecubanoBHlounge Reputation: 53
Send Message

Powered means driven by

Google powered is active vs powered by Google is passive

Hence for example, I drive a car vs a car driven by me, thus no divergence in this case except the locus of control.

First it’s me I drive the car the second is a car is driven by me.

In this case powered is reflexive this means already passive making the statement active.

Using google vs (google powered) vs using google (powered by google)

Hence same thing

Also when there may be some semantical differences they are too small to see for the common user. So in my opinion, as both are the same thing, it is implying that it is Google acting as the driving force for the wallet.

So the right wording would be using extensions created by Google. So is powered meaning endorsed by Google. … Hence it is the case like powered by Intel …. A Intel chip is inside so powered by intel.

The real question is, if this creates brand confusion to make people believe it is a Google product?

Hence how substantial is Google tech for the wallet and if the mention of Google intends to take advantage of brand confusion?

f516be0dcbca37904bc61ac1b75c801a
seedbountyhunter13seedbountyhunter13 Reputation: 51
Send Message

You have a valid point, do you mean its ethical or non-ethical? You could file this as a claim and have it go to jury to see if your claim is deemed to be true.

As an accreditation platform, we set our own standards as per our core values. We as a company will not interfere in the jury process. We are more interested in the outcome.

287a78619dd2ec24c476fb171f914a20
seedbountyhunter13seedbountyhunter13 Reputation: 51
Send Message

seedwhitepaperowner 1-3 and seedbountyhunter 10-19 are not actual people. They are company handled accounts and do not have the power to make claims or interfere. They were created to then make Seed cases, which can be seen on the site, to display examples of how actual cases and claims would be done. If used in the future, they will only be used to display further examples.
As we are planning to be completely decentralized, admins or moderators will not exist in this forum. So when you see these profiles, be aware that these are ChainBLX employees.

e2ba0fd75d67b9debfba0a95faed9d33
MathildeMMMathildeMM Reputation: 61
Send Message
Automatic Claim Number - cla1551174415

Quote - Use the mouse to highlight text in the PDF above. It will show in this box. The minimum is 10 characters and maximum is 1000 characters.

Claim

The wording "powered by Google" is really misleading as, according to this article (https://medium.com/the-hut34-project/google-powered-ethereum-wallets-9ba796c18e11) when Hut34 says ‘Google powered' they are actually "referring to a synergy of key Google technologies" meaning they use google technologies to authentify users and store wallets. This article details the steps to follow to use this product and we can understand easily from there, that
Stage 1 of 4— OAuth: At this stage they make use of Google authentification system to allow access, like many apps do nowadays.
Stage 2 of 4— Hidden app data in Users' Google Drive: At this stage you grant permissions to Hut34 to access you google drive so they can store your wallets there.

Here the terms "hidden app" highlights that Hut34 is an independant service integreated within google cloud plateform but isn't a google product in itself.

It is true that Google took part of the project as they said "In the development of the wallet, we took advice from Google Partner Engineers to understand the risks better around our selection of Google tech" but this collaboration looks like a supplier/ customer one and Hut34 cannot be consider as a google powered wallet but rather a wallet using google power.6f184d12d984b207aabaa5cd270cab80
maxamusdecamusmaxamusdecamus Reputation: 54
Send Message
Automatic Claim Number - cla1551176250

Quote - Google powered

Claim

This is not a Powered by Google product. It is simply hosted on the Google Cloud to alow for Auth via google credentials. They explain that its hosted on the google cloud here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPlKB6yEzNw
They also walk by their use of the 'powered by Google term' by redefining it as 'When we say ‘Google powered' we're referring to a synergy of key Google technologies'
https://medium.com/the-hut34-project/google-powered-ethereum-wallets-9ba796c18e11

Flags:

It seems to be the same claim than cla1551174415 by karl on 2019-03-01 12:01:40

01b62c89a1d0540ff09781118a7e9719
erikreed89erikreed89 Reputation: 53
Send Message
Automatic Claim Number - cla1551236842

Quote - Use the mouse to highlight text in the PDF above. It will show in this box. The minimum is 10 characters and maximum is 1000 characters.

Claim

I believe, as with any form of security, this statement by Mr. McNamara should be taken with a grain of salt. There's always going to be a battle against scam artists, identity thieves by Google, Yahoo, Facebook, etc. To his credit, in the above sentence in the article, he says that Hut34 won't have any access to users "at any time", but I'm still skeptical on how this might work.64d63bbb0face731f632ef7afa13fed8
joemoollajoemoolla Reputation: 53
Send Message

*can't see the Quote posted by erikreed89, so this may be a duplicate:

Quote - "not worry about anyone within our, or any other organisation getting access to their information”

Claim - Given that this article is targeted at a layman (in the absence of a better phrase), using the words "not worry" can easily create a false sense of security. It is misleading. The general public cannot be told to "not worry" about other organisations getting access to their information purely because of the use of google auth.

18d320d8ce71edc8f6450d6da0345666
karlkarl Reputation: 203
Send Message

@joemoolla This would be a valid claim in my opinion. Probably "not worry" could be seen as an statement of guarantee. This would is discussed in many seed cases.

e556b6c6a3be3b4769d839fad2318011
joemoollajoemoolla Reputation: 53
Send Message

@karl - yes, sorry, should have said "appears to be a false guarantee".

ac0360922fff26cad7329f9bf9bfc028
cubanoBHloungecubanoBHlounge Reputation: 53
Send Message

What does powered means? Can everyone just say it? They use google api and say powered by google. I don't think so!

46f0879e8afa95c8f6a3ae3754aa83e1
rcconroyrcconroy Reputation: 1
Send Message

I suppose the question is... Who manages the wallet? How is it verified? How are transactions executed and validated? Bank transactions have hard start and stop points. How would this work? Perhaps, this is the confusion. Block chain should verify the transaction at the currency level. So, who or how are the transactions managed. Am I on the right track here?

cdd2c9a2911a072e47bf6a5c34a8a45f
THE JUDGE!!!!!!THE JUDGE!!!!!! Reputation: 0
Send Message
Opinion #22: An opinion has been issued in Automatic Claim Number - cla1551174415.

It was decided to release 32% of the funds. The jury voted in their opinion to release an average of 32% of the bounty and a median of 40% of the bounty.

Please see below for the opinion of the jury:
  • Opinion #1 - I normally would dismiss this claim right from the beginning as no quote was given and the the red instruction is shown how to make a claim. I did not do so for the mere reason that the quote was given in the claim itself and was easy to find as it was the heading of the article itself. Going to the merits of the claim, in my opinion the person filing the claim could convincingly prove to me with a link to an outside article that the wallet is indeed not a product created by Google, but a product using some common Google tools. The person filing the claim further speculated this would mislead consumers into believing that this was indeed a Google product. For this assumption the person filing the claim did not bring any evidence forward. It is not our job as a jury to argue for or against an article or a claim, we have to evaluate what is presented to us. In my opinion I agree that it is misleading to some people, thus I vote to release some bounty, 6%, as this is the highest amount of bounty for a human error. I would have liked to vote to release 60% of the bounty since the document has an incorrect statement. I could not do so because there was no link provided nor even a reasonable discussion made from logic that supports the point that using parts of a system developed by a third party does not mean powered by such a system. Or at least that the usage of such limited tools would not reach the level of necessary usage to claim that something is powered by, in which case I would have voted to release 30% of the bounty. But as previously stated, this in my opinion as a jury member on this case. I am looking forward to see what the others will say. Again, to bring a claim forward that would foster such a discussion revolving around the subject, what level of technology must be used to say powered by? For example, this jury opinion is written on my Mac, so does that mean this opinion is powered by Apple?
  • Opinion #2 - clear argument defended with evidence. it is clear the authors have misled readers with the "powered by Google" statement. One they have had walk back in further communication. As stated they have misrepresented a supplier/customer relationship.
  • Opinion #3 - This is a great point - the implication of using powered by as a reason is clear. Using it in this context is misleading. I also think the claim is backed up well by data and links.

Claim: The wording "powered by Google" is really misleading as, according to this article (https://medium.com/the-hut34-project/google-powered-ethereum-wallets-9ba796c18e11) when Hut34 says ‘Google powered’ they are actually "referring to a synergy of key Google technologies" meaning they use google technologies to authentify users and store wallets. This article details the steps to follow to use this product and we can understand easily from there, that Stage 1 of 4— OAuth: At this stage they make use of Google authentification system to allow access, like many apps do nowadays. Stage 2 of 4— Hidden app data in Users’ Google Drive: At this stage you grant permissions to Hut34 to access you google drive so they can store your wallets there. Here the terms "hidden app" highlights that Hut34 is an independant service integreated within google cloud plateform but isn't a google product in itself. It is true that Google took part of the project as they said "In the development of the wallet, we took advice from Google Partner Engineers to understand the risks better around our selection of Google tech" but this collaboration looks like a supplier/ customer one and Hut34 cannot be consider as a google powered wallet but rather a wallet using google power.

Highlight: Use the mouse to highlight text in the PDF above. It will show in this box. The minimum is 10 characters and maximum is 1000 characters.

05c328121fe315785750cead3792f938
Send Message
Opinion #25: An opinion has been issued in Automatic Claim Number - cla1551236842.

It was decided to release 0% of the funds. The jury voted in their opinion to release an average of 0% of the bounty and a median of 0% of the bounty.

• Opinion #1 - There is no claim. The user writes an opinion but does not seem to challenge any part of the article except for stating that they have doubt. Therefore, no bounty should be released.
  • Opinion #2 - there isnt anything to back up the claim made, so no bounty should be released
  • Opinion #3 - This is not a valid claim rather a personal opinion

Claim: I believe, as with any form of security, this statement by Mr. McNamara should be taken with a grain of salt. There's always going to be a battle against scam artists, identity thieves by Google, Yahoo, Facebook, etc. To his credit, in the above sentence in the article, he says that Hut34 won't have any access to users "at any time", but I'm still skeptical on how this might work.

Highlight: Use the mouse to highlight text in the PDF above. It will show in this box. The minimum is 10 characters and maximum is 1000 characters.

bd3416f9de079a811798eb26344e1103
Send Message
Opinion #44: An opinion has been issued in Automatic Claim Number - cla1551176250.

It was decided to release 0% of the funds. The jury voted in their opinion to release an average of 1% of the bounty and a median of 0% of the bounty.

• Opinion #1 - cla1551174415 argues the same subject.
  • Opinion #2 - i agree with the flag - It seems to be the same claim than cla1551174415
  • Opinion #3 - i agree with the flag - It seems to be the same claim than cla1551174415

Claim: This is not a Powered by Google product. It is simply hosted on the Google Cloud to alow for Auth via google credentials. They explain that its hosted on the google cloud here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPlKB6yEzNw They also walk by their use of the 'powered by Google term' by redefining it as 'When we say ‘Google powered’ we’re referring to a synergy of key Google technologies' https://medium.com/the-hut34-project/google-powered-ethereum-wallets-9ba796c18e11

Highlight: Google powered

d37661dde23c27ac2a3576fdee60341b
ETHhupETHhup Reputation: 0
Send Message

Wow putting the 'Google' logo in the ads is pretty egregious. I'd be really surprised if there has been no legal action on this.

4e707acc22af6a8e80fa9a5a55d5ec61

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach a file you can also drag-and-drop into the text area below:
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file