search

No Results yet

Current Claims

No Claims yet

Bounty

No Bounty yet

Comments

• Winter967Winter967 Rep This User!

I would like to make a claim on these two statements from the State of the Union speech:

1) "Wealthy politicians and donors push for open borders while living their lives behind walls and gates and guards."
    I have searched extensively, and to my knowledge there has never been any call by any politician, from any party, in any capacity of government, who has called for, or even suggested that the US have 'open borders'. By any reasonable definition, an open border would be a border upon which there is absolutely no regulation of crossing (such as a border between two US states). In reality, all US points of entry, and even remote national borders, are heavily monitored and policed.

2) "Year after year, countless Americans are murdered by criminal illegal aliens."
    By any reasonable definition, "Countless" refers to a number so high, or a incidence so frequent, that it simply cannot be tabulated. My searches have turned up no credible support for this claim. It may be true that we cannot count the number of Americans murdered by illegal aliens because there is no way to do so, thereby making the murders "countless". But, using the word "countless" in this context clearly intends to convey that the number and/or frequency is astronomically high.

This comment currently has - '' Likes
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• MX10178MX10178 Rep This User!

When he says "open borders" he obviously does not mean a border that is completely 100% open. He just means a border that is not strongly enough enforced.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• erikreed89erikreed89 Rep This User!

At times, it seems like the President is boasting of his achievements. For example: "I am also proud to be the first President to include in my budget a plan for nationwide paid family leave..." Something to consider...

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• Eminer1981Eminer1981 Rep This User!

MX10178,
    I come across a lot of comments like yours explaining what Trump means or does not mean. In your comment you pinged that twice, "he obviously doesn't mean..." and "He just means..."
    I am laying claim that it is not "obvious" what he does & does not mean. Obvious is defined as easily perceived or understood, clear, self-evident. We also need to remember that "obvious" is subjective in that it depends on what a person's knowledge & beliefs already are.
    So, one cannot claim, in public, that Trump's words are obvious because that would imply the entire populace of said public believes Trump's words are actually what they are thinking in their own brains. For example, I am one part of that public you made that statement to. However, it is not obvious to me that he is saying what you claim because I know he lies multiple times per day.
    And second, why would a person need thousands of other people to explain what he means? There are more speech writers available, especially to the POTUS, if the ones he uses cannot convey his message without him needing others to explain what he meant. There are some excellent speech writers that would be able to convey exactly what he means with no room for uncertainty.
    Sincerely,
    Eminer1981

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• onderI1sonderI1s Rep This User!

In second paragraph, it is not true.I t is not under his first leadership that America is attaining historic leadership.Preceding leaders had attained this before him.He is only continuing carrying what other leaders had already attained.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

a new claim has been added! it is claim # cla1550735881
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

claim has been flagged as The quoted text does not say that it is the first time historic leader ship. Neither is said that it will occur. It says it has potential. This is true every leadership has historic potential ... and it must not be positive lol

a new claim has been added! it is claim # cla1551002944
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

claim has been flagged as this is not relevant

• THE JUDGE!!!!!!THE JUDGE!!!!!! Rep This User!
    A Judgment in Automatic Claim Number - cla1551002944 has been reached.
    It was decided to release 0% of the funds. The jury voted in their opinion to release an average of 0% of the bounty and a median of 0% of the bounty.
    Please see below for the opinion of the jury:Opinion 1 - Overall the stats can be phrased in such a way to support the claim.
    Opinion 1 - I agree from my personal feeling that this claim may be correct, "The statement above by President Donald Trump is not accurate.The United States economy has not grown much as claimed above.There is much unemployment rate in Africa,Hispanic and Asia. " Never the less I would need a proof with a link to an official stats to release bounty. If this link would be given I would be for 100% bounty release. Sadly I have to vote for no bounty as this is just word of bounty hunter without any proof

Opinion 1 - I can kind of make out what it trying to be said in the claim but it is not completely clear, also there is no evidence supported to support the claim. Therefore, no bounty should be released
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Info about this claim

claim has been flagged as this is not relevant

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach a file you can also drag-and-drop into the text area below:
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file