search

No Results yet

Current Claims

No Claims yet

Bounty

No Bounty yet

Comments

• Winter967Winter967 Rep This User!

This is my test post like I said on Reddit. Here’s a link https://www.reddit.com/user/Geyser91

This comment currently has - '' Likes
    Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• Winter967Winter967 Rep This User!

I posted this article for review because I think the Washington Post is creating fake news, with a strong bias to the left. Ironically, the posted article is their attempt to debunk President's Trump statement that the US has 'spent' 7 trillion dollars in the Mid East. They say, 'well the money isn't actually spent yet, it is only allocated, so he is lying.' But the president is perfectly right to say the money is 'spent'. If you buy a car for $20k and only put $5k down, you still have 'spent' $20k on a car. You have an obligation to pay the rest or you go bankrupt.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• karlkarl Rep This User!

In my opinion the Washington Post is correct. "We have spent" is past. Therefore the money should be already gone and therefore a sunk cost. But in reality the money is not gone yet. Hence it is a future obligation.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• HopeHKHopeHK Rep This User!

I agree. He should have said "we have committed 7 trillion" not "we have spent 7 trillion". It is deliberately misleading.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• erikreed89erikreed89 Rep This User!

I believe this is fake news, because, as many others have stated, it should have been worded as "committed" instead of "spent".

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

• onderI1sonderI1s Rep This User!

I think this is not true because this is a projection of the amount to be spent 7 trillion.It is not yet actually spent.

Like This Comment

Flag This Comment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach a file you can also drag-and-drop into the text area below:
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file